We are roughly halfway into the year. For reasons I can not remember I recently thought of my New Years Resolution's and am going to revisit them now. I will put a goals status as complete, in progress or no progress along with some notes.
1. Stop gaining and loosing the same ten pounds, get to and stay at my goal weight of 175lbs.
Partially complete. For the past couple years I have been for the most part up and down between 180 and 190. Loosing the same 10lbs several times in a year is really shitty. I have stabilized at 180 +/- 3 lbs. This is technically a partial victory but I further improvements in my physical conditioning will be through fitness not weight.
2. Run two miles in 13:30 or less. Might not be maxing the APFT but being within spitting distance is good enough for me.
No progress. I will excuse myself 50% for this because I have spent a lot of time in the woods or classrooms and otherwise not in a good regular morning PT program for whatever reason. The other 50% is that I am a lazy piece of shit who needs to get running. Odds are significant progress on this goal will not be made until I have a more normal PT program and schedule at the next duty station.
3. Rebuild our emergency fund and increase it to three months wages.
Partially Complete. Rebuilding the emergency fund is going well. It is currently at about two months.
4. Add a little bit of money to the stash.
No Progress. Well we threw $20 in quarters into the box but that does not really do anything. To be honest with the way things have gone these last 6 months I am more concerned with squirreling away silver and gold then a few more bills in the cash emergency fund.
5. Cook with more whole foods (meat, eggs, flour, rice, etc) and stop eating so much ready made frozen stuff.
Complete. Entirely due to the awesomeness of Wifey and her motivation we eat almost entirely real food. In fact it is real food that she cooks. When we go to the grocery store now it is staples, meat, cheese, milk and things we can not readily make (soda, cereal).
6. Going along with #5 I want to eat more canned and shelf stable stuff regularly.
Complete. We consume lots of flour, corn meal, beans, rice and assorted canned goods as part of our normal diet.
7. Add some serious long term storage freeze dried type food to the pantry. Maybe a months worth of Mountain House?
Not Complete. To be honest I had forgotten about this one.
8. Start working with a purpose on a stash of spare parts.
Not Complete. Don't have a great reason for this one, just keeps getting postponed until after the next firearm purchase. Got to stop that. I think the next duty station is going to be my opportunity to take care of this. I will probably just order stuff and have it sent to Chads house to pick up later. Focus first on AR stuff then Glock 9mm, Rem 870, 10/22 on down the list.
Falls into no good category:
9. Start working on grid down power solutions. Some sort of compact solar panel setup to charge batteries and power some lights would be good.
No Progress. To be honest I forgot about this one.
10. Get some LED lights and stuff.
Complete. We have several LED lanterns. One is ready to go in the bedroom and the rest are put away in the closet.
11. Be a better husband to my wonderful wife.
In Progress. We have been spending more time together really interacting instead of just being in the same space. Cutting time on the blog down to a more reasonable level will help with this. Also I finally stopped being a stick in the mud and we went on vacation.
Well I've seen a lot of in progress and no progress. I need to evaluate some things and probably shift priorities or adjust goals.