Friday, January 25, 2013

EDC Contest Entry #19 Mike

Hey Folks, I am pleased to bring another entry for our EDC Contest. First we will quickly recap what is going on. The broad strokes are this. I want to share and discuss the stuff we carry around every day AKA EDC. Taking pictures of our stuff and talking about it is my goal.

The prizes will be as follows:
1st Place: 3 Sport Berkey Water Bottles donated by LPC Survival ($69 value)
2nd Place: 1 Blackhawk Holster donated by LuckyGunner.com ($50 value)
3rd Place:  1 Snare-Vival-Trap cough garote cough donated by Camping Survival ($17 value)

Wildcard: This one goes to whoever I want to give it to for whatever reason I feel like. It will be a grab bag donated by yours truly. The exact makeup is TBD depending on what I have lying around  and may include books, gear, medical stuff or even a couple silver dimes. ($30+  value)

Check out the details and my example post here. 

 Onto Entry #19

Hi,
this is a picture of the things I carry every single day, minus my belt but the belt is always a leather belt nothing special about it.
I always carry the little .38 s&w caliber revolver because it is so small, not much bigger than my wallet. It is old but very reliable and will save me or others in a pinch, close range only it is a gut gun after all. I would carry a bigger weapon but my job just would not allow for holsters or obvious weapons being carried, this one fits in a pants pocket and no one is the wiser that I have it. I always carry my Barlow pocketknife and I keep it sharp. I also have my wallet with all the regular wallet stuff in it plus a list of allergy's and medicines I take and a small piece of duct tape on it. I always carry at least two ink pens, they differ daily because I lose them and grab new ones. The little blue notebook is esential for me, I love to keep track of things or jot down ideas I have and I use up two of them a year, transposing important info from the old to the new one. I carry a magnesium fire starter that has a can opener attached to it. My old cell phone, I also carry a work cell phone in a holster on my belt. My key ring with only daily used keys on it and a caribener attached. Oh, and some lose change.
I am a field technician servicing large copiers, in my truck I keep two small first aid kits and one emergency survival kit in an altoid tin. PLus my tool box and a few water bottles, that's it for me, nothing special except for maybe the pistol. I own several of these old revolvers and reload the ammo, I found that my children love to shoot them because of the low recoil and minor noise. I know I would have to be very close to hit a threat with it, but it is a gut gun after all...
Thanks for the contest...
Mike
 -End-

1 comment:

Commander_Zero said...

I don't wanna sound like a snob or anything but....that electrical-tape-around-the-grip "suicide special" revolver looks like every gun I've ever seen in a police property bin.

Popular Posts