Saturday, February 2, 2013

EDC Contest Entry #26 Tricia

Hey Folks, I am pleased to bring another entry for our EDC Contest. First we will quickly recap what is going on. The broad strokes are this. I want to share and discuss the stuff we carry around every day AKA EDC. Taking pictures of our stuff and talking about it is my goal.

The prizes will be as follows:
1st Place: 3 Sport Berkey Water Bottles donated by LPC Survival ($69 value)
2nd Place: 1 Blackhawk Holster donated by LuckyGunner.com ($50 value)
3rd Place:  1 Snare-Vival-Trap cough garote cough donated by Camping Survival ($17 value)

Wildcard: This one goes to whoever I want to give it to for whatever reason I feel like. It will be a grab bag donated by yours truly. The exact makeup is TBD depending on what I have lying around  and may include books, gear, medical stuff or even a couple silver dimes. ($30+  value)

Check out the details and my example post here. 

 Onto Entry #26



Hi. My name is Tricia and this is my EDC. My purse is small compared to many ladies purses, but it gets the job done. My phone is a Droid X so it is basically a handheld computer but I forgot to put it in the picture.
My CC weapon is a hot pink Taurus Slim .380. It is the width of a penny so it is perfect for open carry or conceal. The CC holster is advertised as a PDA and in fact looks like it could be a Blackberry case. I also carry an extra clip in my purse. To the right of that is my wallet with debit card, cash and ID. Directly below my gun is a pair of tweezers, my pink Browning knife, and a small penlight. Many times I have been thankful to have this little light, looking in my purse for something at the bottom, christmas caroling, and one time when we saw a wreck happen in front of us, we stopped to help. A few minutes later, a Forest Service truck also stopped. There was an EMT on the truck who started checking out the driver and realized the medical bag was back at the station. He borrowed my penlight to check the guy's pupils! Anyways, the next items are writing utensils, an ink pen, a Sharpie, (never leave home without one), and a pencil. Next to that is my Mini-Mag flashlight. You can never have too many flashlights, this one is also able to be used as a standing light by removing the bulb cover and standing the flashlight in it. Very handy. The last few items are Excedrin Migraine pills,  low dose chewable aspirin which can be use for many things, a pair of fingernail clippers, hard candies, mini playing cards, ear plugs, an elastic hair band and about 6 gold dollars. I also carry my camera in my purse, but I was using it so it wasn't in the picture.   The next item is my first aid kit.

The first aid kit is one I bought at Staples and have added a couple of things and will probably add a couple more. I am the mother of a teenage boy and we spend a lot of time outdoors and around other children so I have used this many times. There are a couple of sterile pads, alcohol cleaning pads, cotton swabs in a reusable ziploc bag, 2 paper face masks, a tube of triple antibiotic cream, lots of assorted size band-aids, a roll of medical tape and an Altoid Tin.

The Altoid Tin was given to my for Christmas one year by my sister who had researched survival tins online and came up with a compilation of her own. I use something in it at least once a week. The tin is full so there are 3 heavy duty rubber bands wrapped around it. Inside of the lid is a diamond hacksaw blade. It is attached in a such a way that I can easily remove the blade, reattach it to the outside and I have a small saw with a handle. Next is 25ft of green wire, a quart ziploc bag, 50ft of twine, and 50 ft of 15lb test fishing line.  A white lens cleaning cloth, a button that needs no sewing, matches with the striker pad in a waterproof plastic case, and a fingernail file is next. I have never used the blue handled scissors but they seem pretty sturdy. There is a mini sewing kit with buttons, thread, needles, and a set of eyeglass nose cushions. A magnifying glass. A mini clothespin. Some thicker twine. Two mini straight screwdrivers and a mini Philips head screwdriver. A couple pairs of ear plugs round out my survival tin.
Another item that I carry everywhere with me is my Kindle. I love to read and have more than 600 books on it that I am still trying to get a chance to read. I read whenever I am waiting in line, or just have a few minutes to kill. But it doesn't fit in my purse, so I didn't post pictures of it.
Thanks for hosting this contest. It allows us to think outside our own little worlds.

 -End-

2 comments:

LyndaKay said...

Sometimes an EDC looks like mine, and yours comes very close. I'm going to rework my surv. tin and try to get a bit more in like you have. VERY nice entry! Good luck.

Mike W. said...

I love my kindle as well and take it everywhere. The non-color ones last for weeks if you turn the wireless off so I even keep a couple reference books on there.

Popular Posts