Monday, February 4, 2013

EDC Contest Entry #28 Jake

Hey Folks, I am pleased to bring another entry for our EDC Contest. First we will quickly recap what is going on. The broad strokes are this. I want to share and discuss the stuff we carry around every day AKA EDC. Taking pictures of our stuff and talking about it is my goal.

The prizes will be as follows:
1st Place: 3 Sport Berkey Water Bottles donated by LPC Survival ($69 value)
2nd Place: 1 Blackhawk Holster donated by LuckyGunner.com ($50 value)
3rd Place:  1 Snare-Vival-Trap cough garote cough donated by Camping Survival ($17 value)

Wildcard: This one goes to whoever I want to give it to for whatever reason I feel like. It will be a grab bag donated by yours truly. The exact makeup is TBD depending on what I have lying around  and may include books, gear, medical stuff or even a couple silver dimes. ($30+  value)

Check out the details and my example post here. 

 Onto Entry #28
Before I get into what is actually in my pockets, let me say that I am currently a college student and I live in a gun free zone so I do not carry concealed. I will start as soon as my living arrangements change.

From left to right

Phone - iPhone 4S with Griffin Survivor case. I can't say enough good things about this case. I have dropped it several times over the last year that I've had it and my phone has never been damaged.

Wallet - ID cards, debit/credit cards, cash

Flashlight - My flashlight is a Streamlight MicroStream. I'm very happy with it. It runs on a single AAA battery and is very bright.

Knife - I carry two knives on a daily basis. The first one is a Swiss Army Rambler. It has a small blade, scissors, nail file, flathead screwdriver, Phillips head screwdriver, tweezers, and a toothpick. The second one is a SOG Flash II. It holds its edge very well and is easy to operate with one hand.

OscarDelta Go-Tube - This is a small waterproof tube that I picked up online for about $5. Inside I keep around $50 in cash, a small 4GB flash drive, and the SerePick Bogota Titanium Entry Toolset.

Chapstick - No explanation necessary.

Lighter - I don't smoke but I carry this as a potential survival tool.

Keys - Normal keys with small carabiner and a lanyard made of 6 feet of 550 cord.


 -End-

No comments:

Popular Posts