Thursday, February 7, 2013

EDC Contest Entry #31 Dave B

Hey Folks, I am pleased to bring another entry for our EDC Contest. First we will quickly recap what is going on. The broad strokes are this. I want to share and discuss the stuff we carry around every day AKA EDC. Taking pictures of our stuff and talking about it is my goal.

The prizes will be as follows:
1st Place: 3 Sport Berkey Water Bottles donated by LPC Survival ($69 value)
2nd Place: 1 Blackhawk Holster donated by LuckyGunner.com ($50 value)
3rd Place:  1 Snare-Vival-Trap cough garote cough donated by Camping Survival ($17 value)

Wildcard: This one goes to whoever I want to give it to for whatever reason I feel like. It will be a grab bag donated by yours truly. The exact makeup is TBD depending on what I have lying around  and may include books, gear, medical stuff or even a couple silver dimes. ($30+  value)

Check out the details and my example post here. 

 Onto Entry #31

Top is my watch, a basic Casio AMW 340 diver style watch. I like the dual time capability with analog and digital formats.
 
Next row from the left is my wallet carried on the right rear with plastic cards, roughly $100 cash most of the time, and all the requisite licenses and privileges to avoid jail. The little gadget is a FitBit, just a fancy bluetooth pedometer to help me lose the 20 pounds gained in school. This is clipped on the right utility pocket. Keys to the Tacoma, full of many other goodies but exempt from this competition, carried in the right front pocket. My Spyderco Delica, probably the fifth one I have had through the years, is also in the right front. I use the combination blade for the ease of rope cutting and general utility. My favorite pocket light, a Photon Proton Pro, is clipped inside the right front pocket. I have lost three or four of these and always go back to it. The adjustable light throws a bright beam that can adjust low enough for pupil testing without scarring the retina. It also has a second red led, fully adjustable, for tacti-cool stuff. The reflex hammer fits nicely in my right cargo pocket; it sees daily use in the clinic that I work. Just below are my pen and pencil usually carried in my shirt pocket. To the left are my Smith & Wesson penny cutters, invaluable for so many purposes and ride nicely in the right cargo pocket. I carry a Droid 3 with an extended battery in the left front pocket, there is much software for diagnoses and pharmaceuticals, it is heavily used. The Olight I15 Infintium flashlight rides in the right cargo pocket, I like the AA form and this serves as a backup to the Proton. The Victorinox Swiss Army knife is a Swiss Army knife, gifted by a Swiss Army officer, It makes a nice light duty multi-tool that has proven useful quite often. The Glock 19 is my daily carry and the Minotaur inside the waistband holster is well worn.  I load with 124 grain Golden Saber and usually have an extra mag in my left cargo pocket. I wear True-Spec 24/7 RipStop for the light weight and serviceability with a Wilderness Instructor belt, a dress shirt, no tie, and Rockport XCS shoes keep me prepared for most situations.  The rally point is the Toyota for additional supplies and bugout items.    Dave B
 -End-

1 comment:

EDC Knife Reviews said...

Nice looking EDC setup there. Love the Spyderco.

Popular Posts