Sunday, February 10, 2013

EDC Contest Entry #34 Chris

Hey Folks, I am pleased to bring another entry for our EDC Contest. First we will quickly recap what is going on. The broad strokes are this. I want to share and discuss the stuff we carry around every day AKA EDC. Taking pictures of our stuff and talking about it is my goal.

The prizes will be as follows:
1st Place: 3 Sport Berkey Water Bottles donated by LPC Survival ($69 value)
2nd Place: 1 Blackhawk Holster donated by LuckyGunner.com ($50 value)
3rd Place:  1 Snare-Vival-Trap cough garote cough donated by Camping Survival ($17 value)

Wildcard: This one goes to whoever I want to give it to for whatever reason I feel like. It will be a grab bag donated by yours truly. The exact makeup is TBD depending on what I have lying around  and may include books, gear, medical stuff or even a couple silver dimes. ($30+  value)

Check out the details and my example post here. 

 Onto Entry #34
Better late than never!  Sorry the picture is grainy.  It was the best I could do with the webcam on my netbook.

\\

From top left to bottom right:
- Beretta 96 Centurion (alternate carry is a S&W M&P)
- Dragonworks Leather Flap Jack Holster
- Spare Mag
- Surefire taclight (LED)
- 20 round PMAG in BladeTech belt carrier*  
- Leatherman Charger*
- Folding knife (el-cheapo free swag 5.11 folder). 
- Key chain with Gerber Dime mini-multitool, LED light, and CPR mask
- Mini-notebook
- Handkerchief
- Pen & Sharpy marker
- Wallet with wallet stuff including emergency contact numbers for family and work
- CAT-T (usually slipped in a cargo pocket and forgotten about -- I've put some through the wash...)

Not pictured:
- Boots:  I almost always wear decent quality boots and I keep a spare set in the trunk.
- Clothes:  I am fortuanate and can wear rugged cargo-pants type attire most days.  For a more "professional casual" appearance I usually rock the 5.11 pants & polo look.
- Hat & Gloves:  I usually wear a cap (ballcap in summer, fleece cap in winter) and have a set of glove liners in a cargo pocket in the winter at a minimum.
- Phone:  I sometimes have a prepaid cell.  I am trying to be better about carrying it regularly.

Comments:

I only carry the PMAG when I also have to have a long gun handy for work or other reasons.  The 20 round mag is much more comfortable on the belt and conceals nicely if necessary under a shirt or in a pocket.

The Leatherman is a great multitool but I'd be lying if I said I carried it all the time.  I carry it often, but usually it is a tradeoff between the spare mag, the light, and the multitool:  pick two of the three.  I keep multitools in the car and at work so usually the Leatherman gets left behind.

Thanks for running the contest -- great idea!
Chris (Alaska)


 -End-

No comments:

Popular Posts