Thursday, September 12, 2013

Light My Fire Titanium Spork Review


Today we will be reviewing the Light My Fire Titanium Spork. It is a pretty cool piece of kitchen cutlery. Unlike most sporks it has a fork on one side and a spoon on the other. Novel. Anyway I liked that it was metal and for $12 figured why not try it. The best way to evaluate this tool seemed to be eating with it. So I ate with the Light My Fire Titanium Spork for 2 weeks. Onto the usual format.

The Good: Weights nothing. Seems rugged, really I can't see wearing one out or damaging it through the products intended use. On the fork there is a small cutting part along one of the sides, sort of like a butter knife, which was surprisingly useful for light cutting tasks. The spoon had a nice 'just right' capacity which I enjoyed for efficiently eating cereal or oatmeal.

The Bad: Since the fork section is seperate and not playing spoon also the tongs could be a bit longer. The spoon has a just right capacity but is unusual in that it's a bit long, more football than oval shaped.

The Ugly: Nothing.

Overall Assessment: We could debate the need of this product. Really grabbing an old spoon and fork from the last set of kitchen stuff works fine. However if you are counting ounces, especially fractions of an ounce, and buying something anyway this is a strong candidate. I really enjoy our Light My Fire Titanium Sporks. They both currently reside in kits and I plan to get a couple more down the road. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to make a very compact version of this, I've heard it referred to as a 'Foon'. A standard fork head and spoon head cut and glued to each other. Just cut some cheapie stainless steel implements and will try to glue them this weekend. Maybe 4" long with standard capacity spoon and fork tines.

Anonymous said...

Love mine! Simple and durable! - Chief

Popular Posts